Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Out Running the Rain in New Shoes!

My new running shoes (see below) arrived and even though they are bright pink, I love them.

I got home from work today to discover that they had been delivered EARLY! I took one look at these amazing and exciting new shoes and I decided I had to take them for a run. Then I looked outside and saw dark clouds rolling in and the trees across the street getting blown around. But what is a girl to do with new running shoes?!? It would be horrible to take them for their first run on a treadmill! The poor shoes would probably never forgive me.

So I quickly changed clothes, threw on a hat and the newest shoes and ran out the door. It wasn't raining yet so I had a chance to beat the rain! Also, I only had to run 1.5 miles according to the schedule. I passed my fiance on the way out (and he warned me it was getting ready to poor) and I made my way to the road!

It took me a minute or two to get used to the new feel of these shoes, but once I did they felt wonderful! Nothing felt like it was rubbing, grabbing or squeezing and they didn't feel like weights at the end of my feet. I need to take these babies for some longer runs, but it looks like these shoes may have found their forever home.

To make this run even better, I out ran the heavy rain! It was starting to sprinkle about half way through the run, but it waited until I was in the garage safe and sweaty before the skies really opened up! I think I will rename these new shoes the Rain Runners because together we outran the rain!

I managed 1.53 miles in 17:36! Tomorrow's run should be 3.5 miles and I can't wait to hit the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment